BOROUGH OF EBENSBURG
POLICE OFFICER APPLICANTS
The Borough of Ebensburg is accepting applications for the position of Full-Time Police Officer for the purpose of creating an eligibility list. Deadline for submission of applications is Monday, August 7, 2023 at 2:00 p.m., prevailing time. Completed applications and any required supporting documentation are to be delivered to the following:
Attn: City Manager
300 W. High St.
Ebensburg, PA 15931
All applications must be in a sealed envelope marked:
Ebensburg Borough – Police Officer Application
The following requirements are necessary of each interested applicant, having filed on the official application form prescribed by the Borough.
– At the date of application, the applicant shall not be less than twenty-one (21) years of age.
– A diploma from an accredited high school or a graduate equivalency diploma (GED).
– Be a citizen of the United States of America
– Be physically and mentally fit to perform the full duties of a Police officer for the Ebensburg Borough Department as determined by the physical and psychological testing.
– Be Act 120 Certified under the Municipal Police Officers Education and Training Act (Act 120), (MPOETC) 53 Pa. C.S.A. 2161 et seq. or has successfully completed Act 120 training and passed the final exam at the time of hiring.
– Be eligible to legally operate a motor vehicle in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
The examination process for the position of Police Officer shall consist of the following: Physical Agility test, Written Examination, Oral Examination, Polygraph Test / Background Check, Medical and Psychological Examination.
For those who meet the eligibility criteria the following is the schedule for the physical agility and written examinations.
Physical Agility – Saturday August 19, 2023 at 9:00 a.m., at the University of Pittsburg-Johnstown Campus Track and Field (Must arrive no later than 8:30 a.m. and must have photo I.D.) Directions to the track are as follows: From Theatre Drive or Elton Road in Richland Township turn onto Schoolhouse Road, turn onto Highfield Avenue, turn left onto Kunk’s Drive and follow to the end where you can go no further. Turn left over a single lane bridge and the track and facilities will be on the right.
Written Examination – Saturday, August 19, 2023, immediately following the agility test. Those that pass will be taken to the classroom for the written test. (Must arrive with valid driver’s license.)
There are not and will not be any alternate dates for taking the physical agility and /or written examination.
Completed applications and supporting documentation must be filed at Ebensburg Borough by 2:00 p.m., on Monday, August 7, 2023.